- Any individual who is an employee of a Baptist organization whose primary professional responsibilities include public relations and/or communications;
- Any individual Christian whose professional services are employed on a freelance basis to assist Baptist organizations in public relations and/or communications;
- Any individual Baptist employed in a public relations and/or communications capacity by an organization which relates directly with Baptist organizations.
- Any BCA member who desires the continued stimulation and fellowship of the organization following retirement.
Baptist Communicators Association encourages students interested in communications careers with Baptists to join the association. A student member is a full-time seminary or college student who is not currently employed full time by a Baptist organization.
- Each member of the Baptist Communicators Association shall first be a committed Christian, seeking to fulfill God's call through the ministry of Christian Communications.
- Each member shall place ministry and service above personal gain or recognition, striving to glorify Christ and extend the ministry of His Kingdom.
- Each member shall adhere to the highest standards of truth, accuracy and fairness in every area of communications regardless of personal or professional costs.
- Each member shall maintain personal and professional integrity as well as respect for free inquiry and the opinions of others.
- Each member shall seek to produce the highest quality work possible while maintaining appropriate stewardship of available time, resources, skills and personnel.
- Each member shall seek to strengthen his or her professional competence through ongoing professional development.
- Each member shall respect and affirm the rights and opportunities of others without regard to race, color, gender or age.
- Each member shall seek to affirm and advance the professional responsibilities and opportunities of fellow members through a spirit of partnership and cooperation.
Adopted during the 1995 annual business meeting in Williamsburg, VA