BCA 2019 - Los Angeles
April 10-13, 2019 | Located in Riverside, Cal.
Join us in Riverside, California April 10th through the 13th, 2019 -- just an hour outside Los Angeles -- as we relax... kick back... and "Imagine."
The Mission Inn
- 3649 Mission Inn Blvd.
Riverside, CA 92501
- Special room rate for single or double: $159
- Make reservations prior to March 20
- Closest airport: Ontario, CA (ONT) – 17 miles from Riverside
- Taxi: about $50 one way
- Shuttles (SuperShuttle, Prime Time) from ONT to Mission Inn Hotel: about $40 one way with shared ride (recommend advance reservations)
- Other airports to consider (each between an hour and an hour and a half from Riverside): Los Angeles (LAX), Orange County/Santa Ana (SNA), San Diego (SAN)
Some Things To Do Before Or After Workshop
- Whale/dolphin watching (check Groupon for deals)
- Huntington Library (library, art collections, botanical gardens). The original Blue Boy and Pinkie paintings are here, as well as 16 themed gardens over 120 acres. Visitors can shop for unique gifts and eat at one of five restaurants. The Rose Garden Tea Room features an English tea for which you need reservations. Open 8 to 5 each day but closed on Tuesdays. Admission: adults $25; seniors $21
- Richard Nixon Presidential Library, 18001 Yorba Linda Blvd, Yorba Linda, CA 92886 Museum Hours: Monday to Saturday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Sunday: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission Prices: Adults: $16; Seniors 62+: $12; High School/College with ID: $10; Active Military: Free; Military Retired: $10; Youth: $10; Children 5-11: $6; Children 4 and under: Free
- La Brea Tar Pits & Museum, 5801 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles. Open 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Adults $14; Seniors $11.
- Hollywood Walk of Fame, Hollywood Blvd., Hollywood.
- Grauman’s Chinese Theater, 6925 Hollywood Blvd., Hollywood. See footprints of your favorite stars. Free to visit outside but see website for admission info to current movies.
- Hollywood Movie Star Homes Tour. Discounted fares often offered on Groupon by various companies.
- Griffith Observatory, 2800 East Observatory Road, Los Angeles. Visitors can look through telescopes, explore exhibits, see live shows in the Samuel Oschin Planetarium, and enjoy spectacular views of Los Angeles and the Hollywood Sign. Admission: free.
- Tours of Los Angeles. There are many, but the top rated one on Trip Advisor is We Love L.A. Tour.
- Warner Brothers Studio Tour, 3400 Warner Blvd., Burbank. Adults $65 online only. Open 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. daily.
- Sony Pictures Studio Tour, 10202 West Washington Blvd., Culver City. Monday through Friday, 9:30, 10:30,1:30 and 2:30. Reservations required. Admission: $50 each.
- Pacific Park, Santa Monica Pier, 380 Santa Monica Pier, Santa Monica. An oceanfront mini-amusement park. Free admission, but rides and attractions are priced individually and range in price from $5-10. You can purchase tickets at the ticket booth for individual rides or by purchasing an Unlimited Ride Wristband for about $30 each. Parking lot prices range from $6 to $15.
- Disneyland, Anaheim. Eight themed lands. Tickets start at $97 each.
- Legoland, near San Diego. Specifically designed for families with children. Tickets start at $103.
- San Diego Zoo, Balboa Park, San Diego. Adults $54; Children $44; Open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily
- Queen Mary, 1126 Queens Highway, Long Beach. Free to board, but exhibits have admission fees. Can also book a room on this historic ship. Features the largest collection of art deco in the world.
- The Getty Center, 1200 Getty Center Drive, Los Angeles. Open 10 a.m.–5:30 p.m. Tuesday-Friday; Saturday 10 a.m.–9 p.m.; closed Mondays. Free admission but parking is $15.
- The Getty Villa, 17985 Pacific Coast Highway, Pacific Palisades. Open 5 a.m.-5 p.m., closed Tuesdays. Free admission but parking is $15.
- Free Audience Tickets to Shows
Note: This is definitely not an all-inclusive list. There are so many things to do that there is no way to list them all. If you have something specific in mind, email KatherineChute@gs.edu for information.
Plan now to be in Riverside, California for the 2019 BCA Workshop.