- Board Meetings:
- August 28, 2006, LifeWay Christian Resources, Nashville, Tennessee
- February 19, 2007, LifeWay Christian Resources, Nashville, Tennessee
- April 11–14, 2007, Riverview Plaza Hotel, Mobile, Alabama
- President: Norman Jameson, Baptist Convention of North Carolina
- President Elect: David Winfrey, Western Recorder
- Program Vice President: Doug Rogers, Alabama Baptist State Board of Missions
- Program Vice President-Elect: Elizabeth Young, Arizona Southern Baptist Convention
- Membership Vice President: VACANT
- Missions Vice President: Lisa Watson, Arkansas Baptist News
- Professional Development Coordinator: David Winfrey, Western Recorder
- Treasurer: Jason Crawford, Kansas-Nebraska Convention of Southern Baptists
- Communications Vice President: Stacey Hamby, Pleasant Valley Baptist Church, Kansas City
- Awards Chairman: Brent Thompson, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
- Historian: Julie Cupples, Louisiana Baptist Children's Home
- Administrative Coordinator: Keith Beene
More than 80 BCA members and guests participated in the annual workshop. A reception at the acclaimed Pompeii exhibit kicked off the week with a viewing at the IMAX theater and a tour of the exhibit.
Several members also participated in a mission project at the International Ministries Center in Mobile. Members collected a $240 offering for the center, operated by the Mobile Baptist Association.
The program included a tribute to member Diane Reasoner, communications director for the Georgia Baptist Convention. She died in a car accident April 1 in Atlanta. If you have memories about Diane, you can share them here.
In the business session Friday, members voted to meet in 2010 in Chicago in conjunction with Religion Communication Congress (RCC) (www.rcc2010.org). Because BCA has committed to being involved, our group can help shape the program. Take a few minutes to complete the survey online and let BCA know what you'd like to see at RCC! The year 2009 remains undecided. In 2008, BCA will meet in the Phoenix area April 16-19.
- Arthur S. Davenport Award for Exceptional Achievement in Public Relations:
Office of Communications of Samford University for "Samford University Admissions Campaign"
- Exceptional Achievement Award in Interactive Communications:
Office of Marketing & Public Relations of University of Mary Hardin-Baylor for "www.umhb.edu"
- M.E. Dodd Award for Exceptional Achievement in Audio-Visual Communications:
Southern Baptist Conservatives of Virginia for "Christ Alone"
- Fon H. Scofield Award for Exceptional Achievement in Publication Photography:
Chris Sinclair of International Mission Board for "A Year of Photographs"
- Frank Burkhalter Award for Exceptional Achievement in News Writing:
Polly House of LifeWay Christian Resources for "One Church + One Church = One Amazing Church"
- Leonard Holloway Award for Exceptional Achievement in Feature Writing:
IMB Editorial Staff of International Mission Board for "West Africa Emphasis"
- Albert McClellan Award for Exceptional Achievement in Print Media and Design:
Mary Beth Meilstrup of International Mission Board for "Flavors of West Africa"
- Full Listing