- Board Meetings:
- September 7-8, 2008, LifeWay Christian Resources, Nashville, Tennessee
- February 8-9, 2009, LifeWay Christian Resources, Nashville, Tennessee
- April 15–18, 2009, LifeWay Christian Resources, Nashville, Tennessee
- President: Barbara Denman, Florida Baptist Convention
- President Elect: Jennifer Rash, The Alabama Baptist
- Program Vice President: Russ Rankin, LifeWay Christian Resources
- Program Vice President-Elect: Mark Kelly, Baptist Press
- Membership Vice President: Dana Williamson, Oklahoma Baptist Messenger
- Missions Vice President: John Kyle, SBC Executive Committee
- Professional Development Coordinator: Chris Turner, LifeWay Christian Resources
- Treasurer: Jason Crawford, Lawrence High School (Kansas)
- Communications Vice-President : Brenda Rick Smith, Kentucky Baptist Convention
- Awards Chairman: Eddy Oliver, Georgia Baptist Convention
- Historian: Cam Tracy, Union University
- Administrative Coordinator: Margaret Dempsey
Close to 100 Baptist communicators gathered in Nashville in mid-April to participate in Baptist Communicators Association's annual workshop. The theme for the 2009 workshop was Finding Your Voice.
This year participants gathered supplies for Cool Springs Christian Ministries, a ministry of the Clearview Baptist Church in Franklin, Tennessee. The ministry helps area residents in many ways, including counseling, senior citizen services, and tutoring/mentoring for elementary age students. In addition to $300 donated by BCA, participants donated many school supplies.
Additionally, BCA members donated money to an educational endowment in memory of beloved BCA administrator Keith Beene. Earnings from the endowment will subsidize the annual scholarships awarded by BCA.
Missouri Baptist Foundation seeded the endowment with a $5,000 grant, which was followed by an initial $2,000 contribution from BCA resources and pledges of an additional $1,250 from BCA officers and their organizations.
BCA members voted to induct five new lifetime members into its organization. Each of these individuals was honored for unique contributions to Baptist communications. Newly elected lifetime members are: Bill Boatwright, Jack Brymer, Floyd Craig, James H. Cox, and Dan Euliss.
- Arthur S. Davenport Award for Exceptional Achievement in Public Relations:
Judy Bates and Communications Department of GuideStone Financial Resources for "Mission: Dignity Launch and Fundraising Campaign"
- Diane Reasoner Award for Exceptional Achievement in Interactive Communications:
Mary Beth Meilstrup of International Mission Board for "West Africa Regional Website - www.gowestafrica.org"
- M.E. Dodd Award for Exceptional Achievement in Audio-Visual Communications:
Communications Team of North American Mission Board for "On Mission Extra - Brenda Crim"
- Fon H. Scofield Award for Exceptional Achievement in Publication Photography:
Matt Jones of International Mission Board for "Three Cities Rolled Into One"
- Frank Burkhalter Award for Exceptional Achievement in News Writing:
Sue Sprenkle and Erich Bridges of International Mission Board for "Coverage of Kenya Post-Election Violence"
- Leonard Holloway Award for Exceptional Achievement in Feature Writing:
Don Graham of International Mission Board for "Europe's Slide from Cross to Crescent"
- Albert McClellan Award for Exceptional Achievement in Print Media and Design:
Office of Marketing Communications of Baylor University for "Baylor Magazine"
- Full Listing